Using an external battery for your electric scooter allows you to increase the autonomy of the latter. The external battery is equipped with a BMS which manages the control of the charge, the discharge as well as the balancing of the cells. Before buying your external battery, it is important to know what type of battery corresponds to your scooter. Weebot tells you more.
Why buy an external battery for your electric scooter?
An external battery can be a very handy tool for an electric scooter owner. If your scooter is at the end of its life, and you don't have a lot of range on your base vehicle, then an external battery may be useful to you. Indeed, the external battery allows you to extend the autonomy of your scooter, which can be essential if you are the type to travel long distances.
The external battery is an additional support for your electric motor, your rear wheel and your front wheel. All you have to do is recharge it to enjoy longer journeys with your two wheels. All you have to do is hang it below your handlebars. Charging time may vary from one power-assisted vehicle to another. You must ensure that the Lithium-ion battery on your vehicle is of the same wattage as that of your electric vehicles. This will prevent you from damaging many components of your scooter such as the brakes, the electric motor or even your electric wheels. If you want to benefit from optimal braking or top speed, you must make sure to take care of your future external battery.
How to choose an external battery?
To find the external battery that suits you, you must take into account several factors:
- Choose lithium batteries whose power circuit corresponds to that of your vehicle.
- Choose your battery according to the journey you want to make.
- Make sure the external and internal batteries have the same voltage .
- Buy your external batteries on trusted sites to avoid counterfeits.
In addition, if you buy a battery on our site, Weebot provides you with a waterproof bag to house your external battery!
Trottinette Électrique Dualtron Togo (Doubles freins)
How to install your external battery on your electric scooter?
You can have your external battery replaced by a professional. However, if you want to install your external battery yourself, it is also possible! Just follow our advice:
- First, for your safety, we recommend that you wear protective gloves to avoid any risk of electrocution.
- Turn off your e-scooter and charge both external and internal batteries to maximum.
- Disassemble your vehicle to open the area where the internal battery is located.
- Then proceed to the connection to connect the two batteries.
Come to one of our centres!
Installation by a professional can be expensive! However, it is possible for you to have your external battery installed or replaced in one of our workshops in Boulogne Billancourt, Bordeaux or Lyon . Our professionals will find the battery that suits you if you don't have one, and mount it for you. This service will cost you nearly 69 euros.
How to maintain your external battery?
In order for your battery to last a long time, it is important to know how to maintain it properly. Here are some tips for maintaining your power bank properly:
- Store your scooter in a dry place at room temperature.
- Remember to regularly recharge your two external and internal batteries.
- Make sure you don't let your batteries drain below 40%.
- Don't drive too fast, it could damage your batteries in the long run.
- Wait for your engine to cool down before recharging your battery. To achieve this, we recommend that you wait about thirty minutes.
- Use an original or appropriate charger to charge your electric scooter.
Visit our site!
Small bonus! If you don't know where to buy a charger compatible with your electric scooter, you can find original chargers on our site! You can also consult our professionals if you do not know which model to turn to!
How long does an electric scooter battery last?
It all depends on the model you choose. Normally, an electric scooter battery lasts between 2 and 4 years. To make it last longer, it is essential to maintain it properly. Improper maintenance of your battery will shorten its lifespan.
Can electric scooter batteries be replaced?
Like any component of an electric scooter, the battery is also replaceable. All you have to do is go to a professional or to one of our Weebot lounges. A battery replacement represents a certain investment of around 200 euros on average.
Your external battery allows you to increase the autonomy of your scooter. However, as for a classic battery, it is essential to maintain it properly. A damaged battery can be the cause of a scooter breakdown. Finally, you must also ensure that the battery model matches your vehicle.