The electric scooter is a means of transport If you want to use your electric scooter for a long time and daily, you will need to charge it. Nevertheless, certain rules must be taken into account to charge your electric scooter correctly. In this article, Weebot explains how to do it.
Load your scooter correctly
Learning how to maintain a vehicle is not a step to be taken lightly. This is also the case for your electric scooter. You need to recharge it regularly and at the right time. Weebot therefore helps you to charge your electric scooter as it should!
How to recharge the battery of your electric scooter?
To recharge the battery of your electric scooter, you will need to follow the steps opposite:
- Charge your scooter on an ordinary socket .
- Respect the charging time indicated by your manufacturer.
- When you return from a trip, let your vehicle cool down before putting it on charge. If this step is not followed, your engine may overheat.
- Use a charger suitable for your vehicle . To do this, it is best to opt for the original charger of your electric scooter.
- Do not leave your scooter plugged in after charging. Leaving your scooter too long can cause your scooter battery to overheat.
Where to charge your electric scooter?
You can charge your scooter in many places. However, it is essential that you charge your electric scooter in a dry environment at room temperature. You can therefore charge your scooter in a bike room or garage, for example. On the other hand, in winter, it is preferable to charge it at home in an environment with a temperature between 10 and 25°. For a full recharge, however, it will take several hours.
When to charge your electric scooter?
Charging an electric scooter depends on and can differ depending on several situations:
- You recharge a new scooter: When you buy a scooter, it is generally delivered with little energy. So be sure to charge it as much as possible.
- For daily charging: this allows you to optimize the battery of your scooter while ensuring that your vehicle can circulate properly. However, it is not necessary to recharge it to 100% each time.
- For a rarely used battery: Do not leave your scooter's battery empty for too long. Your two-wheeler may no longer work and the battery may be damaged in the long term. We recommend that you check the battery level of your scooter regularly and perform a full charge every month if possible.
Trottinette Électrique Dualtron Togo (Doubles freins)
Why charge your electric scooter?
For your scooter to work properly, you have to understand how it works but above all take care of its battery. Weebot gives you advice that will allow you to keep your scooter as long as possible in order to be able to use it optimally!
Understanding how your electric scooter battery works
To charge your scooter properly, it is important to understand how the battery of the latter works. The electric battery is one of the essential parts for the proper functioning of your electric vehicle. Moreover, in the event of a malfunction, it will have to be changed. The latter can be indicated by an error message or a light on the screen of your scooter that you have chosen, and it is this light that will give you additional indications. Depending on the brand, this functionality may differ.
The latter creates energy through an exchange of electrons and electrodes in a conductive liquid. When you search for your vehicle, energy is injected into the charger. This energy will be stored in the battery of your two wheels and will be depleted as you move with it.
The batteries of electric scooters are most often a lithium-ion battery. Generally, it requires the original charger to charge your device properly. The better you charge your vehicle, the more you can enjoy long journeys.
Maximize the life of your electric scooter
The life of your battery depends mainly on its components. Nevertheless, it is possible for you to optimize the autonomy of your electric scooter. For example, you can recharge your battery at regular intervals to improve its lifespan and autonomy.
The autonomy of your battery also depends on the maintenance of your two wheels. So be sure to check your tire pressure regularly so as not to affect the performance of your vehicle. Poorly inflated tires will not be able to support you properly, therefore respect the pressure recommended by the manufacturer to take full advantage of your electric scooter.
Also, be sure to maintain your vehicle's terms and conditions as they should be. For this, you can consult a professional to carry out general overhauls of your two wheels continuously.
Note that your battery has a limited lifespan. If the latter is exceeded, it will be necessary to change it or change the electric scooter if it is damaged.
Mistakes to avoid when charging your electric scooter
When charging your electric scooter, it is not uncommon for you to make mistakes without realizing it. Here is a list of things not to do when you want to charge your two wheels:
- Do not read the user manual for your two wheels: This tells you everything there is to know about your vehicle. It is sometimes possible that advice for optimizing the battery of your vehicle is listed there, so do not hesitate to consult it.
- Do not consult the charging indicator: It is the latter that allows you to know the charging status of your electric scooter. Once charged to 100%, we recommend that you unplug your scooter to avoid overheating it.
- Do not let the battery discharge: Letting your battery discharge for too long can damage it in the long run. So be sure to charge it before it reaches 20%.
- Avoid overheating: Avoid places that are too hot or charging directly after your ride. This could cause an overload or too high a voltage in volts.
- Avoid rain: This can damage your battery.
- Avoid places with extreme temperatures (too hot or too cold).
As a user, adopting these few reflexes will allow you, whatever the model of your electric scooter, to ensure their durability.
How long does an electric scooter take to charge?
In general, the charging time of an electric scooter can reach up to 15 hours on average.
Is it possible to charge my scooter on ordinary sockets?
Yes, you can charge a wide range of e-scooters from a regular electrical outlet. To achieve this, it is nevertheless recommended to opt for the original charger of your two wheels.
Like any other vehicle, the electric scooter must be regularly maintained. This maintenance requires the daily recharging of its battery. Indeed, the battery of your two wheels is one of the most important elements of your scooter. If it is damaged, it will have to be repaired or even replaced. To preserve it for as long as possible, it is therefore important to adopt good reflexes.