Why use lighting and signaling systems?
According to the highway code, lighting on scooters and electric bicycles is now compulsory. It is essential that you are visible while being able to see your surroundings when driving at night. In other words, this type of accessory can help you:
- Avoid road accidents by making yourself visible on the road.
- To ensure your visibility day and night once on the road.
- To ensure your visual comfort.
- To see in the dark without any problem.
- It is easy to install a light on your vehicle.
What are the different types of lighting and signaling systems?
There are different types of lighting and signaling systems on the market. To find out which of them is right for you, it is important to know more about them. Here are the different types of existing lighting and signaling:
- The lamp or the headlight: allows you to ensure your visibility once on the road in the eyes of drivers and pedestrians while being able to see obstacles on the road. On high-end vehicles, this kind of accessories is installed beforehand.
- Traffic lights: These accessories are necessary to ensure your safety with your two wheels in hand. They are the equivalent of brake lights or turn signals Indeed, they allow you to indicate to other drivers when your vehicle has stopped or in which direction you are heading.
- Light strips: Not being mandatory, this accessory is both aesthetic and useful. Indeed, the light strips allow you to make your scooter more visible. This accessory greatly reduces the risk of collision.
- Wheels with lighting: Just like the light strips, these accessories represent a plus in terms of aesthetics and utility. It is not a mandatory accessory but this equipment allows you to be visible for several meters.
How to choose your lighting and signaling system?
If you do not have a default lighting and signaling system on your scooter, you must take into account a certain number of criteria before making this purchase.
You need to check that the light intensity of the scooter lights suits you. It is expressed in “lumens”. You should know that the higher the value, the greater the luminosity:
- 500 lumens : This is a very efficient power to illuminate the path you are riding on for a few meters. These lamps are the most common on the market.
- 1000 lumens : If a lamp has this power, it can easily illuminate the road for ten meters. These are the best lamps on the market.
It is important that your lighting and signaling system can last for a long time. For this you must turn to a type of recharge that suits you best. Whether changeable batteries or the rechargeable battery. The average autonomy of this kind of accessories is between 3 to 5 hours. But there are also products that can reach a battery life of more than 10 hours.
It is essential that an electric vehicle lighting and signaling system is robust in all circumstances. It is preferable that the latter be resistant to corrosion, shock and if possible to the weather. Indeed, some models have optimal water resistance and meet the waterproof standard.
Our selection of lighting and signaling systems
There is a large selection of lighting and signaling systems on the market. We also have many options for this on our sales platform. So to be able to guide you better, Weebot presents its selection of the best lighting and signaling systems available on our site.
USB Flash Rear Light
The USB rear light keeps you visible in all circumstances. This lighting system is very simple to install on your two wheels. This LED lamp has a power of 100 lumens and will allow you to be seen and to see the road.
Its Lithium-Polymer battery has a power of 500 mAh. It has a battery life of up to six hours. You can choose six different brightness modes, namely: standard, medium, strong, slow flashing, fast flashing or even strobe.
This lamp is easily adaptable to different types of electric vehicles. This rear light has been designed to be all-terrain, even in the rain. This lamp is indeed waterproof and meets the IPX4 waterproofing standard.
Front lamp with torch handlebar support
Easy to install, the front lamp with torch handlebar support has a power of 600 Lumens and allows you to see up to 100 m. Thanks to its battery with a capacity of 4000 mAh, you will have an autonomy of 3-6 hours. It has 5 different brightness modes: low, medium, high, flash and SOS.
Very versatile, this lamp has a universal support and can be turned up to 360 degrees. This flashlight is recharged via USB, i.e. 3 hours for the front lamp and 1 to 2 hours for the rear lamp.
This lamp is quickly installed thanks to its quick release system. The front light with handlebar mount is waterproof and meets the IPX6 waterproof standard.
Front lamp with magnetic handlebar support
Do you want to move around safely? Then opt for the front lamp with magnet handlebar support . It is very easy to install on your electric vehicle. This lamp is equipped with 2 rechargeable batteries of 2000 mAh with a capacity of 4000 mAh. This lamp allows you to see up to 150 meters thanks to its power of 500 Lumens.
Its six-hour battery life will keep you illuminated over long distances. It has three brightness modes: medium, strong or flash. It simply adapts to the diameter of your electric vehicles and can be rotated 360 degrees.
You can use this lamp in any weather because it is waterproof: it meets the IP65 standard.